Animal Hero Kids Founder, Author, Humane Educator, Animal Activist since 1980
Susan Hargreaves in Her Mother Nature Storyteller role for Animal Hero elementary school programs.
Susan Hargreaves empowers all ages to be heroes to all species of animals via her award-winning, interactive education presentations, activism, speaking engagements and writing. International and national media have lauded her over four decades-long work to stop animal cruelty. Susan’s mission to create animal heroes has been covered by Yahoo News.
Susan emigrated into the united states as a person of extraordinary ability in the field of humane education, a category reserved for Olympic athletes. She has received references and praise for her empathy fostering work from Jane Goodall, Michelle Obama, Ingrid Newkirk, Joaquin Phoenix and Paul McCartney. The global news magazine, Formidable Woman, wrote a feature article on Susan and her goals to save all species of animals.
Susan founded the youth empowerment education charity Animal Hero Kids and infuses it with the passion, wisdom, and determination acquired during a lifetime devoted to animal activism. The Hollywood Times focused on her empowering work.
Shaun Monson, the acclaimed Earthlings filmmaker has completed an original short documentary entitled The Heart Whisperer featuring Susan. Influential People Magazine covered the documentary.
Her recent Veganza Animal Heroes young adult novel and vegan guide debuted at number one in the New Release categories for young adults, teens and ecology on Amazon. The global tour was featured in International news media including Dublin Live News.
Susan is a Skipping Stone Honor Award winning writer, awarded by the worldwide multicultural youth magazine of the same name. She zeroes in on fostering empathy, increasing critical thinking skills and providing the knowledge and the tools to be kinder to all species via her books, programs and campaigns. Susan has been a guest on National Public Radio (NPR) for interviews and talk shows as an expert on animal abuse issues including marine mammal captivity.
Susan plays a unique role in supporting, encouraging, and empowering others to build a more compassionate world for all animals and was chosen for the top environmentalist list in the New Times newspaper.
Susan has been a vegan since 1985 and a vegetarian in 1980. The Veganza Animal Hero Claymation filmmaker was in kindergarten when he first met Susan when she gave a presentation at his pre-school when he was 6 years old. The Los Angeles-based TV Grapevine focused on this “full circle” coincidence.
Cruelty-free vegan fare tastings and activities are a featured component in her programs, which often showcase stories of outstanding acts of rescue and courage by youth. Susan unites, celebrates and informs at the vegan events she organizes. She dreams of opening an education center with a vegan cafe and a small sanctuary for school field trips. The Be an Animal Hero summit united pro-active youth and was covered by the Sun Sentinel. Susan can be reached at BEanAnimalHero.org
- Investigated animal abuse at stockyards, rodeos, and circuses. Closed down two rodeos, and exposed the inherent, routine cruelty perpetrated at circuses, factory farms, and the practice of “sport” hunting.
- Skipping Stone Honor Award-winning author of Animal Hero Kids Voices for the Voiceless, Veganza Animal Heroes series novel, the Veganza Animal Hero children’s picture book, and the coloring/activity/story book The Hare-Raising Adventures of Rabitta the III & Animal Hero Tips
- Rehabilitated and released injured and orphaned wildlife in South Florida. Advocated effectively against the Florida Black Bear family massacre and helped halt the hunt in 2016.
- Created the Animal Hero Kids Awards drawing support from celebrities including Sir Paul McCartney, Joaquin Phoenix, Jessica Chastain, Ricky Williams, John Salley, and Suzy Amis-Cameron.
- The first to create interactive, dramatizations where the elementary school children role played in costumes to promote empathy for the animals they are portraying.
- Led ARK-II, the Canadian Animal Rights network. She gained national media coverage by creating innovative, colorful, direct action campaigns. Initiated International Day of the Seal actions in 50 cities, globally.
- Hosted and piloted the first radio series in Toronto dedicated to animal protection, Animal Voices. Hosted two radio series in South Florida on animal issues.
- Author of children’s coloring/activity/story book, The Hare-Raising Adventures of Rabbitta the III & Animal Hero Tips
- Founder of EarthKind, a non-profit humane education organization. She served as Chairperson for EarthSave International’s Miami Chapter. Susan also customized a school field trip education center to host professionals, students to learn how to be heroes for animals, and provided vegan fare as part of the program.
- Shining World Leadership Award for Compassion, awarded by the Supreme master Ching Hai International Association, the creator of the global Loving Hut vegan restaurant franchise.
- Distinguished Educator Award presented by Share the World, an international humane education organization.
- Eco-Hero Humane and Environmental Education Award by NALITH, Inc.
- Compassionate Educator Award by Archbishop R. McKenzie.
- The Pegasus Foundation’s Wings Award for advancing unique partnerships for the good of all animals
- Heralded in the “Best Environmentalists” List Broward / Palm Beach New Times 2016.
- Earned emigration into the United States in the person of extraordinary ability category –reserved for Olympic athletes- for her groundbreaking humane education programs. The U.S. government ascertained she is in the top 5 percent of her field.
Susan’s’ skills and ingenuity as a humane educator are vitally needed…It is precisely the type of outstanding educational programs Susan creates that benefits any community
Founder’s Blog Articles
Susan Hargreaves, AnimalHeroKids.org founder and “Animal Hero Kids Voices for the Voiceless” book...
My cell phone stores a collection of photographs from last year's bloody bear hunt in Florida. I...
Convincing Zeus the cat to vacate a suitcase so I can pack is always a challenge as is the actual...
Go along to Hebden Bridge Library on Thursday 4 June at 4.30pm, and meet Susan Hargreaves from...
DSPCA teams up with global group, Animal Hero Kids, for a special reading of new book celebrating...
No matter what our interest or involvement level in the cause of animal advocacy, there's always...